The Golf Course
Originally designed by Andrew Kirkcaldy and Willie Auchterlonie, the course opened in 1905 and was reconstructed in 1930 with some influence from the legendary James Braid. Ranfurly Castle is a classic moorland course situated in an elevated position above Bridge of Weir, providing exceptional views across the Clyde Valley to Glasgow and north to Ben Lomond and the Trossachs.
The traditional layout of 9 out and 9 back embraces the natural terrain to provide undulating fairways leading to firm smooth greens that have a reputation for being the best in the area. Extending to 6,291 yards from the white tees the Medal course has a par of 70 and SSS of 71.
The quality of the course is reflected in the regular hosting of major events including the PGA Assistants Match Play Championship, the Scottish Girls Championship, Scottish Seniors Open and Scottish Area Team Championship.
Our course is our greatest asset and keen to maintain the quality and enjoyment, under the guidance of our Greens Superintendent, the club continues to invest in subtle alterations, including new Black Tees, repositioning bunkers, and managing the notorious rough to ensure that the course is playable yet still a challenge for all standards of members and visitors.